Monday, October 6, 2008

Happy Fall!

"Don't you just love New York in the fall?  It makes me want to buy boquets of freshly sharpened pencils" (You've Got Mail).

I love fall and now that the weather is finally cooling off I am happy to be able to wear something long sleeved.  My husband loves fall and FOOTBALL.  It even rained this weekend and our dog had no idea what to do with herself; a bathroom break in the rain was quite disconcerting for her.

For a quick update:  I must say, DJ is a pretty funny little guy.  He loves to do anything to make himself laugh, for example, force feeding me his toys, or lotion bottles.  He will giggle forever, while I'm trying not to gag on the GIANT bottle of lotion that is being forced down my throat.  He is running all over and loves his shoes.  He unloads the entire shoe rack everyday and is even beginning to try ours on for fun!

Tristan is cultivating his artistic abilities and draws up a storm when he gets the chance.  The subjects are Pokeman and Ben 10 characters... 100% of the time.  Then he just has to keep the papers save from Talon's wandering pen, or DJ's slobbering mouth.

Jake just survived strep throat and scarlet fever!  Poor guy.  He was brave and took the GIANT shot in the backside, but he was better within 24-hrs.  Jake loves to read and do good in school. He just finished his first Harry Potter book, with help, but is getting better and tackling the second one already.

Talon is busting out of his clothes and growing like a weed; luckily we kept all of the older boys' clothes.  He loves to build things for us out of legos and presents new and interesting objects to us every day.  He likes to color and paint with the big boys, but we are running out of green, which is his favorite color!

Happy fall, go for a walk in the brisk fall air for me  and collect a leaf or two for me (as we don't get many of those here).

With Love,

Susie


No comments: